According to Cisco the environmental benefits are far beyond what we imagined. According to Cisco the use of PoE lighting reductions are found to lessen the strain on the planet by eliminating materials required to build the product and subsequently reducing Co2 emissions (see chart below).
- Reduces the up-front construction cost and time to project completion. When using PoE for cabling, installation, and configuration. Including a dramatic reduction in installation “carbon footprint” – no conduit required, no high voltage copper wiring required.
- The use of low voltage PoE increases safety. therefore eliminating the need for certified electrician for installation and the inevitable modification.
- As LED lights need DC power to operate. AC powered LED fixtures must convert their power source through a transformer to DC. This can result in 20% loss in power in the form of heat. As PoE is native DC power no transformer need and no resulting power loss.
- As a result the required amount of copper cabling is reduced by 50%.
- Reducing the installation time and speeding up project delivery.
If you would like to learn more about the PoE lighting reductions and controlling resources use? contact us now.